Becoming a dog owner for the first time is really exciting—though at times it might feel overwhelming. Caring for a pet is a daily responsibility and, if you never owned a dog before, you might feel clueless about what to expect. Dogs are very loving and loyal, but they also need a lot of love and support in return.
Bringing home your very first Fido? Here are 20 resources you need to tackle every challenge, understand and fulfill their needs, and keep destructive behavior at bay.
Food and Water
- How Much Food and Water Should Your Dog Get Each Day?
- What Should I Feed My Dog?
- Home-Cooked Dog Food Diets
- A Quick Way to Make Homemade Dog Food
- Dog Exercise Needs by Breed
- Show Your Love And Exercise Your Dog
- 22 Ways to Exercise Your Dog Indoors
- Outdoor Activities for Your Dog
- 50 Dog Training Youtube Channels for Dog Owners
- 10 Uncommon Dog Training Tips
- Teach Your Dog to Stay
- Teaching Your Dog to Play Fetch
- Understanding Dog Body Language (Video)
- 11 Signs Your Dog Has Anxiety
- Read Your Dog’s Body Language Like a Pro
- 7 Real World Examples of Dog Body Language with Pictures & Quiz
Accessories and Toys
- 10 Best Dog Leashes for Every Type of Dog
- Which Types of Collars and Harnesses are Safe for Your Dog?
- The Best Dog Beds, According to Dog Experts
- 13 Indestructible Dog Toys For The Most Aggressive Chewers
First-time dog owners are in for a real treat—few things in this world are as blissful as the love of a dog. Be sure to set your whole household up for success by educating yourself on what to expect after you bring home Fido.